This is info about the 2017 HARC Simplex Sprint 2 meter night Saturday June 17, 2017 from 1800 to 2100 (6-9 pm) local time.
All Hams (non HARC members) are welcome.
HARC Rules on 2 meter FM Simplex Sprint Contest
Objectives: Make as many contacts in different zip codes as possible, with only the 2M simplex mode using 100 watts maximum!
Learn to program your radio, conquer "Mic Fright", and meet new friends.
You can download the 2016 .pdf file (Same for 2017 as last year) of the rules and purpose of the three hour simplex sprint contest here. Read ALL of it carefully
- THE WINNERS & Scores of 2016 & FM Sprint Page HERE Congratulations all!
- PDF File of Contest Purpose & Rules (Simplex freqs HAVE CHANGED)
- This is the NEW (6-15-16 & 2017) XLS file of blank log form and entry -NEW and works
- If you want to keep a hand written log, download this .PDF file and print it out.Now with room for 130 contacts. Most people make around 30-35 log entries.
- This is the Summary Page, Also needed in .PDF and print it out.
- LOGS: WHEN it's over, you must get logs to M.D. WA4DXP via FAX, MAIL, email, or hand deliver NO LATER than July 1, 2016 Winners will be announced at club meeting of July 15, 2016. After that, winners will appear on this web page. My fax is 256-536-8282, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to me at 307 Clinton Ave W, Suite 100, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Huntsville ZIP Code map
- How to Build a 2-meter Tape Measure 3 Element Beam & links
Note when you bring it up, there are 3 screens. First is the total screen, second is log form itself where you enter your highest power used and zip code, and it does the rest. Many thanks to Bob KV4PC Ehresman for refining the .xls log file and making it work. It does everything. It knows if it's a dupe of call and zip code and does not add to score. Your MAX power for the event, that's your power multiplier for all evening. You CAN work a Dupe if they or you change zip code. It knows that now.
If mobiles change ZIP, they can work everyone again. Your total for the night appears and updated in the yellow box on top of the form. To use manual entries, use the original printed form to hand write contacts. You do not get a point for a dupe, just because you are on different simplex frequency. A ZIP has to change.
THE WINNERS of LAST year & Entries of 7-18-15 FM Sprint Page HERE Congratulations all!
Have Fun. 73, M.D. WA4DXP